ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO – The Bernalillo County District Attorney’s Office confirms one of its staff members and her two children were the victims in a shooting early Tuesday east of Albuquerque.
According to the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were called around 1:18 a.m. to a home at 768 NM 333 for a reported domestic violence incident involving a man armed with a handgun. While deputies were on the way, dispatchers reported that shots had been fired inside the home.
When deputies arrived, they found a child dead. A woman and another child were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Deputies located a man at the scene and took him into custody after deploying a Taser.
BCSO says the investigation is ongoing. The names of those involved are being withheld until family members are notified.
The District Attorney’s Office released a statement Tuesday, saying the incident involves a staff member and her two children. District Attorney Sam Bregman said the situation has deeply impacted the office and that counseling and support services are being offered to employees.
Out of respect for the family’s privacy, the DA’s Office says it will not release further details.








